Here’s my list of books which are currently in rotation. I’ve started reading them over the past few months months but have been too distracted by blog posts and other projects to finish. I hope to complete this list by December and maybe publish some related posts. What books are you reading?
In The Silent Language of Leaders, leadership and communications expert Carol Kinsey Goman explains that in today’s fast-paced business environment, where global interactions are increasing, mastering the art of body language is more important than ever. She explains that personal space, physical gestures, posture, facial expressions, and eye contact communicate louder than words and, thus, can be used strategically to help leaders manage, motivate, lead global teams, and communicate clearly in the digital age. Drawing on more than twenty years of experience, and on compelling psychological and neuroscience research, she shows leaders how to adjust their body language for maximum effect and how to:
- Use techniques like “mirroring” to build trust and encourage collaboration.
- Accurately read the nonverbal signals of your counterparts to increase success in negotiations.
- Use body language to project confidence and candor when managing change.
- Communicate nonverbally in virtual environments.
- Channel your gender’s natural body language inclinations for improved leadership results.
- Identify which nonverbal signals communicate internationally and which are culture-bound.
See my full reading list on Book of the Month page.
Categories: Professional Development