What I learned on the first leadership call with Doug Conant
The first call with Doug Conant exceeded my expectations. Dan Rockwell turned out to be a natural and thoughtful interviewer. He posed questions of his own and took many from the webcast group. Towards the end of the call, Conant shared his three tenants: Reflect – Declare – Behave. I’m giving you the brief version here because I plan to write about this in more detail soon.
1. Reflect on your standards. Reflect on the type of person and leader you want to be and determine what it will take for you to operate on all 5 cylinders consistently.
2. Declare yourself. Tell people what you expect.
3. Behave in a way that is consistent with your established standards.
You can access the recording from the first session on March 7th, by following the instructions at the end of this post. It’s well worth the time. Listen while you work.
Join the Second Call on March 27th
On March 27, join Dan Rockwell of Leadership Freak for his second LIVE conversation with bestselling author and comeback CEO of Campbell Soup Co., Doug Conant (1 to 2pm EST). Conant helps leaders develop personal leadership models.
Doug will teach us how to:
- Master touchpoints and interruptions through listening, framing, and advancing.
- Leverage head, heart, and hands.
- Develop personal leadership models.
- and much more…
“Developing a leadership model is one of the most practical, energy-saving, and stress-reducing things you can do as a leader.” Doug Conant
Register now to attend!
When you have a moment…………..
Follow these directions from Dan to access recording from the March 7th call:
1. Anyone who didn’t register will need to complete the process (it’s quick): http://www.anymeeting.com/AccountManager/RegEv.aspx?PIID=E953DF88874E3B
2. Once registered, users can click on: http://www.anymeeting.com/AccountManager/RegEv.aspx?PIID=E953DF88874E3B to hear the recording. It takes about 4 min. and 20 seconds to get through the chatter and the “official” call begins.
- Bonus material: “7 Powerful Ways to Enhance Your Power“
- TouchPoints: Creating Powerful Leadership Connections in the Smallest of Moments (Warren Bennis) by Douglas R. Conant and Mette Norgaard
- The SPEED of Trust: The One Thing That Changes Everything by Stephen M.R. Covey, Stephen R. Covey and Rebecca R. Merrill
- Jack Welch and the 4 E’s of Leadership: How to Put GE’s Leadership Formula to Work in Your Organization by Jeffrey Krames