A friend asked me to recommend some hot spots in River North for him and his wife to explore one weekend.
I recommended Dana Hotel as the perfect weekend get-a-way spot. It is a small boutique hotel with the perfect balance of luxury and accessibility. Located in River North, it is in walking distance of amazing shopping and dining options.
For food and drinks, I recommend the following:
- The Classic (cognac, sugar cube, angostura bitters, brut champagne, lemon twist)
- La Vie En Rose (elderflower liqueur, sugar cube, peychaud’s, brut champagne)
- Frites garlic-truffle-brown butter, jalapeño aioli, ketchup
- Honey Roasted Macadamia Nuts chipotle, lime
- Duck Confit sweet chili-maple glaze, celery,charred scallions, crispy duck skin
- Black Tiger Shrimp blue corn crust, orange glaze, foie gras dust, kimchee braised rainbow chard
- Mussels smoked rabbit sausage, charred pearl onions, spicy broth or white wine, ginger, garlic, scallion
I noticed that the delicious risotto is no longer on the Pop’s Champagne menu.
Osteria Via Stato at 620 N State St is separated into a semi-casual pizzeria and a formal dining room. I recommend the veal meatballs and roasted onions appetizers from the Pizzeria. The first time I enjoyed a meal in the dining room, it was via the chef’s selection.
Vertigo Sky Lounge at 660 N. State has amazing views and decor. It’s the perfect spot to sip cocktails and people watch.
Meli Cafe at 540 N. Wells is my favorite location — it’s also closest to my home. They also have a new location at 500 S. Dearborn in the heart of the loop. It’s a swanky version of the cafe with a more modern interior. The food is just as delicious. As far as the menu goes, I recommend everything!
Don’t keep the goodness to yourself. I hope you like and share this post with others.
Have a wonderful weekend.
- YWCA Chicago Future Leaders Council Celebration
- Rachel’s Grad School Graduation Celebration at Pop’s Champagne
- Meli Cafe